Welcome to Reception!
Your Reception team are...
EYFS Phase Leader - Mrs Hicks
LSAs - Mrs Hall and Miss Emmerson
If you would like to know more about what your child's class has been up to, then click on their class above.
- The school day begins at 9.00am for children in Reception and 8.50am for the rest of the school.
- The school day ends at 3.15pm for Reception and KS1.
- PE is on a Tuesday for RIH and RM. It is on a Thursday for RO. Please make sure that your child has their named PE kit in school on both days.
- Please can you make sure that your child has their reading books in school everyday so that we can read with them. We have a reading challenge; if your child has read 3 or more times in a week they are entered into a prize draw to win a prize that week. The more times your child reads the more chances your child has to win! For every 3 reads your child will also receive a green token.
- Children are provided with milk (if aged 4) and fruit for snack time. If your child would like to bring in their own snack then please make sure it is a healthy choice and free from any nuts, as we have got children with a severe nut allergy in school.
- Children have access to our water fountain at all times. However, if you wish, you can send your child with their own water bottle to access throughout the day. Please ensure that this is labelled.
- In Reception, we go outside no matter what the weather. Therefore, we ask parents to provide their child with a pair of NAMED wellies and if possible a waterproof that can stay at school all the time.
- Children in reception receive green tokens for lots of different achievements in school - it could be for being kind and polite, for sharing, looking after a friend, trying hard and much, much more!