Welcome back Year 2!
Latest News! Pirate Day Thursday 11th October Latest News!
There are 3 classes in Year 2:
2FH Mrs Hemming, Mrs Fallows, Mrs Curtis and Mrs Wiles.
2K Miss King, Mrs Feltus and Mrs Newman.
2L Mr Lambden and Mrs Thorpe.
Mrs. Harrison and Mrs. Shilliam are our cover supervisors.
PIRATE DAY 11TH OCTOBER
To consolidate our Pirate topic, the children are invited to dress up as pirates for the day on Thursday 11th October. Oooh Arghhhh!!
Autumn Term Curriculum
Please find below, an overview of what our Year 2 children will be learning about during the Autumn term.
|English||Maths||Computing||Science||RE||SEAL/ PSHE||Art/ DT||
Place value, addition and subtraction, money
E-Safety and Programming
Healthy eating, teeth
Who is a Muslim and what do they believe?
|Me and my emotions||Paul Klee||
Geog- Sunhats and Umbrellas
|Outdoor games||Treasure Island|
Technology is our lives
|Living and Non-Living Variation||Who is Jewish and what do they believe?||Personal Safety||Autumn art||History - Florence Nightingale||Athletics||Story time|
Please encourage your child to complete their homework and hand it back to their class teacher by the date provided.
Additional to the homework, please continue to practise the year 2 spellings and read as many times as possible during the week with your child, recording a brief comment in the reading diary. If your child reads three times in a week they will receive a ticket that will be entered into a weekly competition with a book prize as a reward if their ticket is picked out. Remember, the more you read at home, the more tickets can be collected. HAPPY READING.
Year 2 Spellings
A list of spellings have been sent home with your child. Please practise these spellings with your child as they should be able to spell all of the words on the list by the end of year 2.
Ideas to support spelling:
- Play "look, cover, write, check" for each spelling. The speed at which the children can write the spellings should increase the more that they practise.
- Split the decodeable words into the sounds that you can hear.
- Encourage the children to refer to the spelling bank provided when completing homework activities.
- When practising your child's spelling could you please put each word into a sentence as well as practising them individually.
Visit these website below for some educational activities to support learning at home.
Please find attached below our Year 2 newsletter for Autumn term 2018
- Please read with your child each day and sign their reading diary. There is a Year 2 competition for the class who has the most readers each week.
- Homework will be sent out on a Friday. Dates for the homework to be returned will be provided with the given homework.
- Can you please ensure that all of your children's belongings, jumpers, coats, bottles etc. are all clearly labelled with their name and class clearly on them.
- The children are provided with fruit or vegetables every day for their playtime snack. If your child brings in their own snack from home, please ensure that it is a healthy snack that does not contain nuts. There are children within the year group who have severe allergies.
- SPARE CLOTHING Do you have any school clothing that your child has grown out of? We would greatly appreciate it if you could donate unwanted uniform to school for us to use.
Useful websites to support your child: