Welcome back Year 2!
Latest News! Latest News!
There are 3 classes in Year 2:
2FH Mrs Hemming, Mrs Fallows, Mrs Curtis and Mrs Atkinson.
2K Miss King, Mrs Feltus and Mrs Newman.
2L Mr Lambden and Mrs Thorpe.
Mrs. Harrison and Mrs. Shilliam are our cover supervisors.
Spring Term Curriculum
Please find below, an overview of what our Year 2 children will be learning about during the Spring term.
|English||Maths||Computing||Science||RE||SEAL/ PSHE||Art/ DT||
Place value, addition and subtraction, money
E-Safety and Programming
What can we learn from sacred books?
Geog- Sunhats and Umbrellas
|Outdoor games||Changing Seasons|
The Great Fire of London
|Multiplication and division, problem solving, shape, data handling||
Technology is our lives
|Changing Materials||How and why do we celebrate sacred times?||Financial Capability||Mondrian||Athletics||Beat and rhythm|
The way we set homework has changed this half term. The children have a range of activities they can choose to complete during the half term. Please send homework in no sooner than 15th February.Download a copy of the homework sheet here.
Additional to the homework, please continue to practise the year 2 spellings and read as many times as possible during the week with your child, recording a brief comment in the reading diary. If your child reads three times in a week they will receive a ticket that will be entered into a weekly competition with a book prize as a reward if their ticket is picked out. Remember, the more you read at home, the more tickets can be collected. HAPPY READING.
Year 2 Spellings
A list of spellings have been sent home with your child. Please practise these spellings with your child as they should be able to spell all of the words on the list by the end of year 2.
Ideas to support spelling:
- Play "look, cover, write, check" for each spelling. The speed at which the children can write the spellings should increase the more that they practise.
- Split the decodeable words into the sounds that you can hear.
- Encourage the children to refer to the spelling bank provided when completing homework activities.
- When practising your child's spelling could you please put each word into a sentence as well as practising them individually.
Visit these website below for some educational activities to support learning at home.
- Please read with your child each day and sign their reading diary. There is a Year 2 competition for the class who has the most readers each week.
- Can you please ensure that all of your children's belongings, jumpers, coats, bottles etc. are all clearly labelled with their name and class clearly on them.
- The children are provided with fruit or vegetables every day for their playtime snack. If your child brings in their own snack from home, please ensure that it is a healthy snack that does not contain nuts. There are children within the year group who have severe allergies.
- SPARE CLOTHING Do you have any school clothing that your child has grown out of? We would greatly appreciate it if you could donate unwanted uniform to school for us to use.
Useful websites to support your child: