Welcome Year 2!
There are 3 classes in Year 2:
2BF Mrs Bradburn, Miss Cavendish, Mrs Curtis and Mrs Griffiths.
2K Miss King, Mrs Thorpe and Mrs Land.
2H Miss Haywood, Mrs Feltus and Mrs. Newman.
Mrs. Harrison is our cover supervisor.
Find out about what we are doing in the Autumn Term!
Year 2 Spellings
A list of spellings have been sent home with your child. Please practise these spellings with your child as they should be able to spell all of the words on the list by the end of year 2.
Ideas to support spelling:
- Play "look, cover, write, check" for each spelling. The speed at which the children can write the spellings should increase the more that they practise.
- Split the decodeable words into the sounds that you can hear.
- Encourage the children to refer to the spelling bank provided when completing homework activities.
- When practising your child's spelling could you please put each word into a sentence as well as practising them individually.
- Please read with your child each day and sign their reading diary.
- Can you please ensure that all of your children's belongings, jumpers, coats, bottles etc. are all clearly labelled with their name and class clearly on them.
- The children are provided with fruit or vegetables every day for their playtime snack. If your child brings in their own snack from home, please ensure that it is a healthy snack that does not contain nuts. There are children within the year group who have severe allergies.
- SPARE CLOTHING Do you have any school clothing that your child has grown out of? We would greatly appreciate it if you could donate unwanted uniform to school for us to use.
Useful websites to support your child: