Broom Leys Primary School continues to be a GOOD school (OfSTED - April 2018).
The Lead Inspector commented that:
- Pupils leave Broom Leys School well prepared for their secondary education. They achieve well and have positive attitudes to learning.
- The school has been successful in increasing the proportion of pupils who are working at the expected standard by the time they leave the school in Year 6. In 2017, this was above the national average in reading, writing and mathematics. Pupils, including those who are disadvantaged, also made better progress than other pupils nationally in all three subjects.
- The school is fully committed to offering pupils a broad and stimulating curriculum.
- The positive attitudes and good behaviour of the very large majority of pupils make a major contribution to their good progress.
- The large majority of parents paid tribute to the work and commitment of the staff team. One parent commented, ‘Staff know the children well and make them feel very welcome and included.’
- School self-evaluation is accurate and honest and clearly shows the areas that leaders feel need to be improved.
Pupils enjoy their lessons and are polite and eager to learn.
One pupil commented that, ‘school is awesome’.